Residential elevators provide convenient access to all levels of your home. Once considered a luxury item, more people are finding residential elevators a more practical method of accessing all levels of their home. The use of a residential elevator for mobility and moving objects such as luggage or groceries a much easier in multi-level homes. Port City Elevator has partnered with leading manufacturers who have a long standing industry presence and whose commitment to safety and quality are un-matched. We specialize in one of a kind and custom residential elevators to meet each customer’s exacting needs.
Whether you are considering building a new home or adding an elevator to your current house, Port City Elevator can assist you in designing the correct elevator to meet your needs.
Since a residential elevator is an extension of your lifestyle, we offer a wide variety of cabs, entries, doors, fixtures and finishes to match your home’s decor.
An elevator’s drive type is a major factor in selecting the right residential elevator. The most common drive systems are In-Line Geared, Hydraulic, and Winding Drum. Each drive system offers customers unique features.
- Ideal For Coastal Areas
- Most popular drive system on the market
- User friendly
- DO NOT require a separate machine room
- Offer self-diagnostic capabilities
- Offer Battery Backup in case a power outage
- Energy Efficient
- Extremely smooth and quiet
Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators
- Perfect for small spaces
- Add architectural and modern appeal
- DOES NOT require a pit
- Up to 35’ of travel
- Very smooth and quiet
- Less Construction cost compared to a tradition elevator
- Available in 3 sizes, (30”, 37”, and 52”)
- Minimal maintenance
- Fully transparent and panoramic view without cables or pistons that block vision
- Uses hydraulic piston to move the elevator cab
- An additional machine room for the hydraulic tank and controller is required.
- Provide an exceptionally smooth and quite ride
- Lift the elevator cab by winding cable around a drum
- Drum can be mounted in an additional machine room or in shaft